NHD Step by Step
Click the links to navigate to a page with a recorded webinar and downloadable resources for the classroom.
Writing a NHD Thesis Statement »
Getting Started with National History Day
- Visit the National History Day site as well as this site to get the new rule book and evaluation forms, see sample projects, register for graduate courses, and find additional resources.
- Look at the theme book to learn about this year's theme, Frontiers in History: People, Places, Ideas, and to get ideas for project topics.
- Connect with your regional coordinator for information about implementation, or answers to specific questions.
- Southern Region: Victor Oaxaca
- Central Region: Stephanie Wilson
- Northwest Region: Erin Gockel
2023 NHD Theme Book, Frontiers in History: People, Places, Ideas »
Weekly Lesson Plans
If you can only check in with your NHD students once a week, here's a week by week guide to get you through to regionals! Click the buttons below to download PDFs.
Protecting Children's Privacy
WE ARE GRATEFUL FOR THE SUPPORT FROM THESE GENEROUS ORGANIZATIONS
Historical Society of New Mexico, a Gila Level Sponsor ($1,000)
University of New Mexico Department of History, a Gila Level Sponsor
Los Alamos Historical Society, a San Juan Level Sponsor ($100)
Doña Ana County Historical Society, a San Juan Level Sponsor
Charles Redd Center, a San Juan Level Sponsor
New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs
Numerous generous individual donors who make possible our special awards and otherwise support the program
You, too, can support National History Day in New Mexico. CLICK HERE to make your donation today!